We utilize our extensive background in health risk assessment to provide the following services.
Drs. Gibb and O’Leary have expertise in epidemiology and health risk assessment and have served as experts in litigation matters. They have developed reports for clients on a variety of topics including asbestos, chromium, phthalates, ethylene oxide, per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS), and various insecticides and pesticides including aldrin/dieldrin and glyphosate. Dr. Gibb and Dr. O’Leary and their team have conducted large-scale literature reviews examining a wide range of health effects. Dr. Gibb has provided testimony in litigation and before the U.S. Senate and his reports have been used by governments, international organizations, and private clients. He regularly provides peer review of journal articles and government documents.
Gibb & O’Leary Epidemiology Consulting is a veteran owned small business (VOSB). Dr. Gibb and Dr. O’Leary have worked with a variety of governmental agencies including the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, the Defense Health Agency, the U.S. Department of Justice, Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry, the U.S. Air Force, and Health Canada. Gibb & O’Leary Epidemiology Consulting’s core competencies include epidemiology, health risk assessment, toxicology, statistics, and industrial hygiene.
- We lead a team of individuals with graduate degrees in epidemiology, statistics, toxicology or are certified in industrial hygiene
- More than 40 years of experience
- Outstanding publication record
- Facile with a variety of computer and statistical programs
- GSA Contract Number: 47QRAA19D004F
- CAGE code: 7UCY9
- Unique Entity ID: GG3LD3XZCRK3
Study Design and Conduct, Data Analysis, and Reporting
- Large cohort mortality study of chromate production workers
- Analysis of the global burden of disease from metals in food
- Proportionate mortality ratio analysis of workers in nuclear facilities
- Examination of hair mercury concentrations among residents of two areas in India
- Statistical analysis of variables affecting odor near a confined animal feeding operation
- Arsenic and hexavalent chromium – updates on toxicology, public health impacts, and regulatory status
- Recent epidemiology of arsenic and its impact on the burden of foodborne disease
- Panel discussant on health impacts from mercury: emerging science and unanswered questions
- Designed and taught a course on the role of epidemiology in litigation
- Training courses on the health effects of metals